What Are The Symptoms Of Hypothyroidism?
Signs And Symptoms Of Hypothyroidism?
- Fatigue (constantly feel exhausted)
- Weight gain or difficulty with losing weight
- Decreased or lack of libido
- Rough, dry and pale skin Hair loss (Your hair may fall out in clumps)
- Coarse, dry hair (hair may have a straw-like texture)
- Low tolerance to cold weather
- Muscle aches, muscle cramps and muscle spasms
- Constipation Depression (overall sadness)
- Irritability (short on patience)
- Memory loss (short term forgetfulness)
- Irregular menstrual cycles
If you have Hypothyroidism you may have one or several of the above symptoms.
How Is Hypothyroidism Diagnosed?
In most people Hypothyroidism can often be diagnosed with a blood tests.
Theses thyroid gland blood test may include;
- (T4) Total thyroxine. A T4 total thyroxine blood test will measure free and bound thyroxine.
- Free thyroxine (FTI). The FTI thyroid gland blood test measure the amount of free T4 that is present compared to bound T4. The FTI blood test can help to show if there is an abnormal amounts of T4 present.
- Triiodothyronine (T3). A thyroid gland blood test T3 measures both free and bound triiodothyronine. Most of the thyroid gland hormone T3 is attached to thyroxine-binding globulin. Less than 1% of the T3 is unattached to thyroxine-binding globulin. T3 has a sufficient effect on the way the body uses energy.
The above thyroid gland test can usually determine if there is a Hypothyroid condition. However, additional thyroid gland tests may be needed.
My Thyroid Gland Medication
Before my thyroid gland turned Hypothyroid it was Hyperthyroid. I believe my thyroid gland was dysfunctional as it misfired too much thyroid into my body and eventually my thyroid gland burned out.
If you have Hypothyroidism it may be difficult to find the correct balance of thyroid medication.
It took me years of trail and error before I found the best combination of thyroid gland medication for my body.
Each morning I take 50 mg of Synthroid and 90 mg of Armour Thyroid
I hope you have found What Are The Symptoms Of Hypothyroidism? helpful.